Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Cake Batter Crispy Treats

How amazing does these sound? Yup, they taste that good! 
Taste: Sweet, and marshmallow-y. YUM
Texture: Like regular rice krispies treats, but with crunchy sprinkles
Would I make these again?: YES. They are SO easy, and different from the norm. But I would make 2 batches (it didn't make that many), and put in less sprinkles. Sprinkles look fun, but don't taste that great. I would probably use funfetti cake inside, and only put sprinkles on top.
Cake Batter Crispy Treats
From: How Sweet It Is

3 tablespoons butter
1 10-ounce bag of mini marshmallows
1/4 cup yellow cake mix
6 cups rice krispies cereal
1 1.75-ounce container of sprinkles (I may or may not have read that as 11.75 oz, whoops!)

Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat and add marshmallows. Stir until they begin to melt, adding in cake mix one spoonful at a time so its combined. Stir in cereal so it is completely coated with marshmallow mixture. Sprinkle in half of the sprinkles and mix. Press into a baking dish (any size will do) and top with remaining sprinkles. Let sit for about 30 minutes before cutting. I find spraying a knife with nonstick spray helps to cut them.

2 comments:

  1. Oooo, sounds yum. I will give it a try for Easter! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these look dangerously awesome! At our house we will inhale krispy treats made with fruity pebbles. They are pretty much amazing. These are like an upgraded version!! I am sure we will thank and curse you after I make these!

    ReplyDelete