Thursday, May 27, 2010

getting life in order

I recently found this website mint.com that tracks all of your money! I know some credit card websites do this, but bank of america doesn't break down your spending my category. Mint.com is easy. You link it to all of your bank accounts, credit cards, loans, investments, etc, and can track it all in one place! You can see pie charts and graphs of spending by category, compare to previous months, and even make budgets.


 I haven't used the budget function, it automatically created one for me by category. But one of these days, I'm going to sit down and create an actual budget and attempt to stick to it.
 One of the most helpful functions is net worth. I didn't realize that I've been spending more than I'm making the past couple months. I've never been good at tracking my money, and this is a great first step! 


Another great tool that my friend recently introduced me to is My Plate on livestrong.com. 
You can track everything you eat and it calculates the amount of calories you need to achieve a goal. It's really cool, and has pretty much every single food you can think of! And you can also track your fitness and amount of calories burned. Check out her post here

1 comment: